Two of our very close friends/family members were recently married. They were married in Mexico with just their immediate family, so we knew we wanted to do something special to celebrate this wonderful couple when they got back home. My parents, as their gift to the couple, decided to throw a wedding dinner party (where the guest list was chosen by the new bride and groom). It was so much fun – I honestly haven’t laughed that much, and that continuously, in a long time! It was a wonderful group of people, and my parents did an incredible job. The party was a four course meal interspersed with party games. I helped my Mom with the planning and prep work for the games, and the rest was all thanks to my amazing parents. The party was a hit! Here are some of the games and activities we included, in case you have a party of your own coming up:
My very first blog post – yikes! I have been thinking about this post for a while, trying to figure out how to make it just right, how to say what I want to say, and how to introduce myself and this blog. At some point you just have to start writing … so here goes!
If you haven’t checked out my bio, my name is Mandy and I live in British Columbia, Canada. The things that matter most to me in life are:
- My family – all of the people that I can be 100% myself with, and be loved for who I am
- Friends – the people that feel like family to me!
- Humour – an essential part of my life that makes every day fun
- Photography – a way of capturing memories and reliving favorite moments
- Creativity – crafts, projects, new recipes … any chance to be creative and try something new
- Travel – the opportunity to experience new places and activities … whether it be out of the country, or just down the road!
These things, that matter most to me, are what I plan to write about in my blog. I have set up categories so that if you’re interested in only one topic, you will know where to look (check out the Category cloud).
I should also mention one other little thing that is consuming my thoughts right now … and you may notice this reflected in my posts!! My husband and I are expecting our first baby in 18 days, and I definitely have babies on the brain! So watch for a few baby-centered posts in the near future.
Thank you for reading, and I hope that you will come back and check out my blog as I get started on this new adventure of writing!